A (Incomplete) List Of Magento and Other eCommerce Management Tools We Find Noteworthy…
And We Believe You Will Too!!
They say it’s a poor workman who blames his tools, and this adage is true however it is also a little misleading. It would be more accurate to say, “If you have tools, it’s a poor workman who blames them.” I mean, you can’t rightly hammer a nail in without something blunt and solid to hit it with right? That also highlights the obvious, you should have the right tools for the right job… yet another handy and fitting adage.
For Magento eCommerce businesses there are a great deal of activities that need attention, everything from administrative and sales to marketing and management, development and SEO. These tasks often need to be completed on a consistent and continual basis and there is little room for error. If something takes too long to complete, or is actually incorrectly completed… you likely well know the problems that can arise from such issues. Thankfully however, for every digital job there is indeed a digital tool to help make that job easier.
At Mediotype, we’ve come across our fair share of headaches and hiccups that clients have run into. Fortunately for us, hashing out those problems, streamlining processes, reducing redundancies, and overall attempting to increase business performance is our bread and butter. As such it should come as no surprise that we have ourselves a carpenters belt filled with useful tools that can help your business develop and grow in the digital realm. So what will attempt to do with this list of goodies is share it and keep it updated as new tools are found/used. Over time you can expect that this list will grow and become better. Hopefully of everything we list… you’ll be able to find something that helps make your day, or week, or even month just a little bit easier.
We will break this down into sections and new sections will be added as time goes on. So be sure that if anything on here seems useful to you that you bookmark this page for future use. There will no doubt be other tools added here soon which may tickle your fancy. So have fun, enjoy, and by all means share these tricks of the trade with anyone who could benefit from it. Your colleague’s and friends will be very appreciative!!
Social Media Management
- Buffer – Allows you to automatically post to Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin, and G+ at the same time as a single post. Has a lot of good analytics, reports, and alerts based on your Social Media engagements. They constantly work to make it better which is always appreciated.
- Followerwonk – Created by Moz (which has a number of great tools), this tool is specifically used for Twitter. Overall helps significantly with analytics.
- Keyhole – Real-time tracking of campaigns and topics across numerous platforms, new client discovery, influencer identification, keyword, hashtag, and URL tracking. Overall a very solid tool.
- Tagboard – This uses hashtags to search and collect public social media within seconds of it being published across various platforms. Robust tools offer the power to select specific posts to feature on websites, in broadcast TV, and on large displays.
- Hashtags – Essentially a more generic hashtag analytical tool. You can find what’s trending, what’s popular, or even specific hashtag definitions.
- Hashtracking – Hashtag analytics for campaigns and events. Offers at-a-glance visual reporting, in-depth live analysis, and free hashtag exploration.
- Twubs – This site allows you to register a hashtag and offers live event tools in order to further engage with your users during events.
- SharedCount – If your looking to see a birds eye view of a specific URL’s shares, likes, and other engagements… this site will give you quick answers.
- iContact – This is a cloud based email and social media marketing provider. Their service enable customers to create, track, and send HTML-based emails and social media messages.
- Mail Chimp – Helps to create, design, automate, and analyze email marketing campaigns. Also offers mobile options and integrates well with many other third party applications.
- Get Response – The main selling point are their responsive email designs which work on all platforms. But they also offer various templates to use as well as a plain HTML editor for advanced users. You can create landing pages specific for email campaigns, you can host webinars, A/B split test campaigns, and even has a auto responder for greater email marketing automation.
- Constant Contact – Their greatest selling point is their customer service which will help with any problems. Other than that they offer similar services to the others: easy to use templates, contact management, analytical tracking, and allows for Social Media use as well to both post and track across numerous platforms.
- Aweber – Offers website sign up forms, ability to manage subscribers, autoresponder follow ups, performance tracking, and of course custom creation of email newsletters.
- Lucky Orange – These guys offer heat mapping, visitor recordings to see how your website is used, visitor polls, live chat options, advanced analytics and much more.
- Visual Website Optimizer – There service is primarily focused on A/B Split Testing in all forms. They then gather all the needed information and analytics to help you make the most informed decision regarding how your site is used and it’s effectiveness.
- Google Website Optimizer – There is always of course Google’s Website Optimizer which with a little know-how is likely the best way to influence the conversion rate of your website. Any bells and whistles desired must be added yourself, but with an understanding of how to implement, the data you gather will be by far the best… bar-none. It’s then up to you to analyze yourself the best course of action.
- Uber Tags – This cloud-based tag management system helps clients launch and manage 3rd party code snippets while also improving page load speed times.
- ClickTale – This service offers heat maps, visitor session replays, analytics, advanced insights, and a whole slew of management tools to choose from.
- Marketo – An all-encompassing automated marketing solution and covers: search marketing, social marketing, landing pages, website forms and sign ups, visitor tracking and analytics, email marketing, lead nurturing, ad bridging, advanced mobile engagement functions, lead generation, CRM integration, and useful sales intelligence.
- Baynote – Their service entails capturing customer attention/engagement and integrating relevant content throughout a customers experience through landing pages, product detail pages, emails and more. This is all automated and is very customizable to ensure pin-point personalization.
- Listrak – Listrak is designed specifically automate digital marketing for online and omni-channel retailers. This encompasses everything from email, web pages, store fronts, and even mobile usage and various social platforms.
- Power Reviews – These guys help to generate and syndicate reviews of your products or services in order to help drive traffic to your site. Depending on the product or service you offer, this can be very beneficial to help increase social proof in the eyes of your users.
- Red Stag Fulfillment – Red Stag Fulfillment boasts some of the highest accuracy and on-time ratings in the fulfillment industry. They only maintain partnerships with FedEx and UPS, but with over 50 shopping cart integration options, they have a wide capacity to host your e-commerce store and handle the fulfillment for multiple channels.
- Inventory Source – This service integrates your eCommerce storefront or marketplace with your Dropship Supplier’s Inventory and orders. You can also choose from their trusted network of suppliers as well.
- Prostar Fulfillment – Prostar helps with the warehousing, fulfillment, shipping, and transportation of your businesses products. They can even help with product design problems which may cause shipping issues.
- Fulfillment by Amazon – There is always of course Amazon’s Fulfillment. Largely a trusted service, they will store your product in their fulfillment centers, pick, pack, ship, and even provide customer service for your clients.
- We Fulfill It – These guys offer cost effective and dependable order fulfillment. Everything from receiving and inspection, to storage and packaging, and of course shipping. They also offer call center services.
- IntegraCore – Their service essentially helps to manage your operations more efficiently through a very large and global partnership program. Their partnerships cover everything you’d assume they would for a proper fulfillment service dealing digitally and globally: Shipping, eCommerce solutions, marketplace integrations, software technology, Automation, and EDI Integration.
- Shipwire – Shipwire allows you to store your product, enable sales through their order capture system, optimizes product shipping, and automatically manages your overall fulfillment operations. They can also help to enlarge your distribution partnerships with other retailers and engage in new emerging channels.
- Barilliance – These guys help to create personalized shopping experiences with realtime website personalization. Every step of the purchase journey is watched for cart abandonment, user activity and can even offer up personalized product recommendations to users as their shopping experience continues.
- Solid Commerce – This service offers inventory management, bulk marketplace listings, dynamic re-pricing options, all inclusive order management, vendor and drop ship management, and versatile shipping software to help streamline your operations.
- First Data – First Data helps to provide customers with a more satisfying shopping experience. They offer global payment options, mobile ready checkout, and comprehensive security for your users. They also offer analytical insights to help direct future decisions.
- NolaPro – This cloud accounting software offers many features including: contact management, double entry accounting ledgers, order management, billing, payables, inventory management, payroll processing, data backups, security, and automatic updates.
- Webgility – Webgility automatically integrates accounting and eCommerce by connecting all of your multi-channel sales data and expenses directly into your accounting solution. They deal with refund management, reconciliation, transactions fees and much more.
- Atandra – These guys offer a product called T-Hub which is a multi-channel Order Manager solution designed to integrate your eCommerce stores with QuickBooks and various Shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
- NumberCruncher – this service offers a comprehensive inventory and order management system that helps to overcome the bottlenecks caused by quickbooks such as negative inventory and back orders.
- Avalara – This tax automation service helps navigate through tax calculations with their robust calculator system, returns and fillings, tax documentation management, and offers various other professional services to assist with your sales tax questions.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- SuiteCRM – This service is a free and open source alternative to Salesforce, Dynamics and other proprietary software. It offers modeling for business processes, data migrations, software integrations, professional training, support, and hosting.
- Salesforce – One of the largest CRM solutions on the market, these guys offer a wide range of services/products, including those surrounding: Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Analytics, a large Community to engage with, and a number of apps that can be integrated for further customization.
- Dynamics – Dynamics is a service offering from Microsoft, and offers to empower customer engagement with real-time information and collaboration. They cover everything from customer engagement solutions to enterprise resource planning to supply chain management and reporting.
We hope you find something useful within this list to make your day-to-day activities easier, less stressful, and ideally more profitable. As time passes we will add to this list and continually update it with the best 3rd party systems we believe might be useful for eCommerce businesses.